View count: 2151
Thesis/Graduate ApplicationGraduation Application Procedures
Important Dates & Remarks for Graduation Application
|Find your Advisor||The end of the first month of the third semester||Fill out the Thesis Advisor Commitment Form (指導教授同意函) and submit it to the Department Office.|
|Graduation Application||Nov. 20||Apr. 20||
Submit the following three documents listed below to the Department Office:
|JIC Submission||July 15||
For ICDF students, submit your thesis manuscript to Journal of International Cooperation (JIC) before July 15
1. JIC Submission Guidelines
2. JIC Instructions to Authors
3. JIC Format
For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Thesis Oral Defense||
Complete the Thesis Oral Defense before
December 31 (Fall semester) or before July 31 (Spring semester)
Committee List and abstract
|1 month before Oral Defense||Complete and submit the Thesis Oral Defense Committee List (口試委員名冊) and Thesis abstract to the Department Office.|
|Decide time & venue||2 weeks before Oral Defense||
The venue should be any of the classrooms of the Department of Agricultural Economics, NTU.
Please decide on a venue and inform the Department office for booking.
|Send Invitation||7-10 days before Oral Defense||Send the Invitations for Committee Members (口試通知書及聘書) along with the first draft of Master’s Thesis to committee members.|
|Prepare documents||On the day of Oral Defense||
Download, complete, and print out the documents listed below. It is important that students come by the Department Office with the required documents BEFORE their Oral Defenses. (The office will go through the documents to make sure all documents are in place.)
1. Evaluation Form for Thesis Oral Defense (口試記錄表)
2. Committee Signature Form (口試委員會審定書)
3. The Thesis Oral Defense Paylist (學位考試支領清冊) from the Department Office
|Submit all the documents to the Department Office||On the day of Oral Defense||Complete forms 1, 2, and 3 listed above with all committees’ signatures during the Thesis Oral Defense and submit to the Department Office|
|Thesis Revision||1 to 2 weeks after Oral Defense||
Revise thesis and complete the Confirmation Form of Thesis Revise(論文修改完成確認單) with the signature of advisor. Submit the form to the Department Office
*ICDF Scholarship Students must revise theses according to the format of Journal of International Cooperation (JIC), and submit online along with Author’s Agreement before leaving Taiwan.
|Graduation Application Withdraw||Jan. 31||Jul. 31||
Fill out and print Graduation Application Withdraw Form (學位考試撤銷申請書). Have the form signed by your advisor and the program director, and submit the form to Graduate Academic Affairs Office (210 2F 1st Admin. Bldg.) (研教組)
Students need to submit the withdrawal by January 31 for the Fall semester and by July 31 for the Spring semester. Without the withdrawal, a “failed” will be marked on their Graduation Application and also on the student transcripts.
|Departure Procedures||Feb. 15||Aug. 20||
1. Meet all the graduation requirements of the International Program
2. Complete Thesis (after Thesis Oral Defense), and submit it to ETDS (Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Service) by February 15 (Fall semester) or by August 20 (Spring semester)
Thesis Format Guide and Guide of ETDS File Format and Conversion are also available on ETDS website.
3. Submitting Thesis:
Print out 4 copies of your Thesis. (2 hard copies in burgundy/dark red and 2 soft copies in any color)
Take 2 hard copies to the department office, 2 soft ones to the school library.
4. After completing the Leave-School Procedure (畢業生離校手續) online at MyNTU, students can then obtain their diplomas at the Graduate Academic Affairs Office (210 2F 1st Admin. Bldg. 研教組) in person.
*For example, if you are graduating in Spring semester, you will need to complete the followings:
1. Find the advisor and submit the “Advisor Commitment Form” by September 30, 2018
2. Submit the graduation application by April 20, 2018
3. Complete the thesis oral defense by July 31, 2018
4. Complete the thesis and submit two paperback copies and one hardback copy of the thesis to the library by August 20, 2018